Steve is currently the Program Coordinator for the Millerton Area Watershed Coalition - Sierra Foothill Conservancy, which is a community-based program in the Sierra Foothill area of Eastern Madera and Fresno County encompassing 250 square miles of the upper San Joaquin River watershed.
As the Senior Program Manager for Getronics - Americas (formerly Wang Global), a Global Information Technologies Services Company, Steve managed a group of project managers and senior technical personnel in the introduction of new application systems into data centers; Business Development and Sales support.
He spent over 7 years as a Business Planner and Project Manager for the large-scale computer manufacturer, Amdahl Corporation, which involved international production planning and contract negotiations in support of manufacturing operations in Ireland and Japan. Other representative technologies include Lasers, Telecommunications and Medical Instrumentation.
For over 20 years Steve has been involved in community and regional land use issues covering future urban development, park planning, cultural and natural heritages, historic preservation and recreational opportunities. Geographical areas of involvement have been in San Francisco Bay Area, Sierra Nevada foothill and wilderness areas, Arizona/California desert regions, Northern Mexico and South Africa.
He has established, organized, and chaired citizen organizations and volunteer groups, as well as serving on numerous Non-Profit Organizations, with his primary focus revolved around cultural and natural heritage preservation/restoration with interpretative, educational and stewardship opportunities; sound land use and transportation policies; and affordable housing.
Steve's current Non-Profit and Civic responsibilities include:
- Chair, Fresno County Democratic Central Committee
- President, San Joaquin River Trail Council
- Board Member and Treasurer, Finegold Trust
- Board Member, San Joaquin River Intertribal Heritage Education Corporation
- Board Member, Sierra Vista National Scenic Byway Association
- Board Member, Sierra and Foothill Citizen's Alliance (SAFCA)
- Representative, Eastern Fresno County - Coalition For Livable Fresno County Communities (CLFCC)
- Participant, Fresno County Transportation Mediation Group Community Housing Investor and Advocate